Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 3
20 20 2 6
Message 11 of 13
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Im not sure if you said but what monitor are you using? try setting it to 120hz in the nvidia control panel and see if it is still happening.  some monitors are unstable on the highest refresh rate.  

0 Kudos
Author
Level 2
8 6 0 3
Message 12 of 13
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you for your message. In my entry post you can find the specs about monitor (HP 25x 3WL50AA) and OS.

Please also check the other posts. The monitor is able to produce 144 Hz consistently after switching back and forth between frequencies once. This is therefore considered a bug in a driver for which I've also proposed a workaround for the (few) cases now when it still happens.

0 Kudos
Level 3
20 20 2 6
Message 13 of 13
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I absolutley understand. I understand the hot fix as well. I am just recommending setting to 120hz to see if the black screen still happens everyone to help rule out a monitor setting issue or something like that.   I actually have a omen 25 144hz screen. Me and many others were having frame pacing issues at 144 but it was perfectly fine at 120hz.  Might not effect your issue at all but it might be worth trying.  

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation