Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Hp Omen 870-095na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Sometimes when i am gaming on my computer, weather it is a big game like GTA or PUBG or a small game like Minecraft my PC sometimes crashes, the screen goes Green, NO text and it plays a loud sound through my speakers. it has happend around 25 times scince january when i bought the computerb brand new. sometimes i see lines of green flash on my screen beforehand sometimes its spontainious. i have tryed using a different moniter/ hdmi lead and it has still happened, sometimes there is a big gap between them like a month or two.  i have not added anything to my pc, nor have i opend it up.  it has happened about 7 times in 2 days 

Please help me to fix this problem.

Thanks Max

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

Hi

Since this has been happening immediately after purchase it would be prudent to contact HP Support as your PC is in the warranty period.

General troubleshooting steps require updating the graphics driver or doing a clean boot.

The 870-095na can have either: Intel integrated graphics, AMD discrete graphics, or Nvidia discrete graphics.

It would seem you may have a hardware problem since this problem has happened from day one and you have not installed any driver updates or added anything to your PC.

Tom

HP Recommended
After it happened a few times, I have updated my amd software a few times, but it did not solve the problem
HP Recommended

Hi

Boot your PC normally and try running Microsoft's System File Checker to verify system files.

You might want to contact HP Support (suggested in previous post).

Doing a clean boot may not help because this problem is intermittent.

You could be waiting for days for the problem to recur.

Tom

HP Recommended

ok thanks, i will phone hp servaces tomorrow as its past 6 now, but i will not have my pc with me as i am away from home from 7am to 6pm

HP Recommended

Hi

You are welcome.

You could also run HP Hardware Diagnostics at boot.

General instructions here. Or you can download and install on USB stick.

You can tell HP you did this and provide the hardware error code if you get one.

This will speed up warranty service.

Tom

HP Recommended
I already have, I did a extensive system test yesterday, there was no error
HP Recommended
Will it matter that I don't have my pc with me
HP Recommended

Hi

Okay, you ran HP diagnostics with no errors. Run the Microsoft System File Checker if you did not do this.

It would be better if you were with your PC when you contact HP.

You could also try an HP factory recovery after backing up data. Don't know if this will solve the problem because it appears this has been happening right after purchase. HP tests and validates factory images for stability.

The only other possible cause could be if Microsoft is pushing a graphics driver update that is unstable.

Tom

HP Recommended

Apologies for juming in here but I do own the same PC - and despite having some initial niggles with it, resulting in shipping it back to HP for investigations, all seems working fine.

Can I just check couple of things?

1. What is the graphics card that you have fitted? Mine is AMD R9 380

2. What is the graphics driver you currently cave installed? Mine is 17.1.1, HP-stamped one

3. What is the OS release you have? Mine is Windows 10 Anniversary Update (1607)

4. What is your current BIOS? Mine's A0.57 but had it running on A0.38 only until this weekend 

As Grzwacz suggested though, HP Support is your best port of call at this stage.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.