1 0 0 1
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Blinking / black monitor (display port)

HP Omen 870-258nc & HP Envy 27
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

I have a new PC HP Omen 870-258nc (PN 1JV36EA) and monitor HP Envy 27 s (Y6K73AA). Usualy when I start to play some game monitor starts blinking and sometimes go black - power light on monitor is still on, but OSD is not reachable. This happens only if I use display port cable, when I use HDMI cable I have no problem. When the monitor is black or blinking and I press the shortcut Win+E and Win+arrow up (run explorer in fullscreen) or I connect to PC with VNC, the monitor is normal again.

By now I tried this:

-buy shorter (1 meter) display port cable with gilded connectors

-uninstall Windows nVidia drivers and install newest drivers from nVidia.com site

-change resolutions from 4K (3840 x 2160) to 2560 x 1440

-change monitor frequency 60 / 59 / 50 Hz

-use other display port on graphic card (graphic card on this computer has 3 outputs)

-update BIOS on motherboard

-change monitor setting by OSD menu - Input Control and Power Control

Can you please help me to use display port cable? I like to use 4K - 3860 x 2160 with 60 Hz.

Thank you for any advice.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
12,746 12,733 829 1,461
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @eoherova,

Welcome to the HP Forums! 🙂
I would like to take a moment and thank you for using this forum, it is a great place to find answers.

As I understand that the monitor starts blinking and sometimes go black especially when you are using a display port.
Don't worry as I'll be glad to help you with your HP Omen 870-258nc PC.

As you have mentioned that you have already tried multiple troubleshooting steps and with the HDMI port and cable it works fine.

This seems to be an issue with the display port. I would personally suggest you contact our HP Phone Support for further assistance. If your product is Out of warranty then remember to choose the paid options to get the tech support number.

They might have multiple options to help you on this.

Please use the following link to create yourself a case number, then call and it may help speed up the call process:

Step 1. Open link: www.hp.com/contacthp/

Step 2. Enter Product number or select to auto detect

Step 3. Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options"

Step 4. Scroll down and click: HP contact options - click on Get phone number and phone number appear.

They will be happy to assist you immediately.

Keep me posted.

Have a great day! 🙂

0 Kudos
nosrad
4 4 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have the exact same problem. Did you end up fixing yours? If so, how?

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation