Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP Omen 880-160se
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

At the time I bought it, it was around $1500. It had an i7 8700 with a GTX 1080. It has served me well over the last year and a half, but it has now suddenly decided to have problems pop up everywhere. A week or two ago, every time I tried to play a game, it would completely restart the PC. Now, every time I boot it up, I get a notice saying that a fan isn't working correctly, and it will shutdown within 15 seconds to protect itself. I am absolutely disappointed, as a PC like this should not die not even 2 years into its lifespan. I won't deny I loved it a lot while I had it, but now all I feel is regret and sadness. The greater part of my winter break has been spent to figure out how to fix it or what I can do, instead of actually being able to play on it. HP told me I needed to spend $400-$700 just to get it fixed. After college bills, I don't nearly have enough for that. 

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi @Adamastus

Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

@Asmita6658 I was told almost a week ago that my issue was being escalated to the Omen team. I have not heard from them since. I have one week till school starts and I really need my Omen desktop to be fixed.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.