Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi,

I was wondering about my cpu cooler. I bought this device in 2018. Every day I notice it gets a bit warmer.

Is there any replacement that would fit and work with the Tampa 2 motherboard?

Also, can I change the rgb lights on the case? And if I can, how the product would be called?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

My recommendation is Big Shuriken 3, love this cooler and have it on several HP Pavilion and Omen Computers.

HP Recommended

The stock cooler is inadequate. My i7-8700 was going over 95C and thermal throttling. I replaced it with an Arctic Freezer 33. Apparently there is a backplate already stuck to the back of the motherboard so any replacement cooler needs to have the same screws. Also, the maximum CPU cooler height is around 156mm.

HP Recommended

You can remove that back plate easily, use plastic tools and take your time, it's stuck with some tape but it can be removed. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.