Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Omen Desktop 880-002LA
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello:

I have an Omen Desktop 880. I upgraded the Ryzen 5 1600 to Ryzen 7 1700x... i need to change the cooler (CPU fan) too, but i see that not fit the AMD Wraith Spire Cooler with AM4 connector (4 screws that not fit the AM4 format). The holes of the Higos motherboard of the Omen 880 appears more like Intel than AMD configuration.

Please, any with Higos Motherboard change the default cooler fan? what model fit?

Thanks you.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi,

It appears HP has modified the CPU cooler mounting points on the Higos motherboard (MB).

Other folks have had this problem. No solutions were posted in the threads I have seen.

You would have to verify an Intel heatsink/fan combo would work. Higos MB mounting point measurements would have to be compared to Intel specs to see if an Intel heatsink will work. You may have to install the third party MB backplate if the mounting points for an Intel CPU heatsink match. You may have to remove the MB to do this if you cannot get to the back of the MB by removing both side panels.

Intel CPU heatsink mounting points use a square pattern. AMD heatsinks use a rectangular mounting scheme. The Higos MB has a square pattern.

Sorry I cannot provide a solution, someone else may have a definite solution. I have not yet seen this solution in this forum.

Regards

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.