Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP OMEN GT13-0477NO
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi! While im playing cyberpunk 2077 the cpu gets up to 93c and i have water cooler? Its i7 10700k with RTX 3080 and im using hwinfo64 to check temp. Any idea how to fix this? Thanks

Regards Robin

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

On Cod MW its getting up to 95c. Whats going on?

HP Recommended

There is no fix, at least not an easy one. The stock AIO is not really affective on anything above I5 10600K, for your i7 10700K its still not bad at 93C, everyone else with 10850K and 10900K, like myself, is getting a massive thermal throttling and the only solution is migrating to a different case plus a better AIO. I am finishing my transfer video and the results are impressive, with a 240mm AIO and a much better ventilated case, the temperatures dropped around 15C from before. I was getting 98C with the stock now the highest I am seeing while playing CP2077 is 81C and while video edition with heavy CPU usage, 90C.  

HP Recommended

I had problems with my old hp pc and was giving hp another chance with this pc. Guess i should never have done that. What a dissapointment.. i was hoping this pc with aio should work much better then stock fan on my old pc. Do they never test the pc first if they can handle it? Im getting max 95c on some games but i never getting any game freeze or lags so thats good i guess. But still it really sucks.. the fan on the front only helps the graphic card. Getting around 70c while gaming on rtx 3080. They should have made 240mm aio on top for this pc. Im just wondering, is 95c acceptable? If not im returning the pc. Thanks for your help tho!

Regards Robin

HP Recommended

I absolutely agree, 240AIO would have been ideal, that and another 12mm fan for intake, but maybe on the next generation of Omen. 

95C is definitely not ideal, but is still below the t-junction for that CPU, so not really going to damage it, but than again, the noise from the AIO is unbearable. 

Oh and I wouldn't return it, definitely not returning mine, considering how impossible is to find RTX3080 and it's not going to change at least for another 3-4 months. 

HP Recommended

@Hwsense Again I find myself waiting on one of your videos, lol. You change the MoBo while you’re at it? Curios if changing MoBo requires a new Windows license.

On a side note, mine has only made it to 83 playing avengers. Similar playing Red Dead Redemption 2 on mostly ultra settings.

HP Recommended

I decided not to upgrade the motherboard for now, maybe further down the line, new motherboard will definitely require you to transfer the Windows license to it from the old one, which is easily done, I can make a video on it. 

Your temps are not bad at all, so I guess the I7 is the cutoff for this AIO. 

HP Recommended

Hi again! Im using omen gaming hub and change the fans from balanced to turbo. Now im getting max 86c. Thats nice but daamn so loud. I hope they can fix the balanced mode to be more effective because when i have turbo mode on all the time its still loud when im not gaming.. i think the problem with balanced mode is when the temp hits 90c its here the fans go faster. It should go faster before hitting 90. Sorry for my bad english. 
Regards Robin

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.