Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
OMEN 30L 3080 rtx i9 CPU
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My CPU Temp jumps from 50 to 97C with the fan suddenly getting extremely loud. All while unzipping a large file and running chrome and the OMEN HP app. The unzipper seems to be utilizing almost 99% of the CPU while this is happening. It also happens during games. Could the issue be the CPU cooler not being properly attached to the CPU? What should I do? 97c is close to the T-Junction of the i9 which is 100c.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Those posts are becoming more and more here, if you check around the community forum here you will see that you are not the only one, those temps are normal for setup, the 120mm AIO is not capable to handle the heat from the I9 CPUs, and will result in thermal throttling and extremely high noise from the AIO fan. There is no fix and there will be no fix, unless HP redesigns the case, so the only fix is to migrate the internals to a better case and upgrade the AIO to at least 240mm one. 

HP Recommended

I actually took my psu gpu cpu and ram from my omen and out them all in a new case with a new motherboard and 280mm aio cpu cooler. I went from high 80s to literally 50c under the same loads. 

HP Recommended

This is the only solution, everyone with I9 based Omen 30L should know that. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.