Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Gaming Desktop PC TG01-0000i (8BG56AV)
Microsoft Windows 11

This computer comes with a 256GB SSD, which I have already maxed out.  I would like to increase its storage capacity by adding a second SSD.  There appears to be a bracket designed to mount a 2.5" SSD, and there are some extra cables clipped to the bracket.  Please advise what my options are for increasing my storage capacity with the PC.  

P.S.  When I looked at the bottom of my PC, the model was TG01-1183w.  Not sure if that matters or not, as I let HP detect the model automatically and have included that information with my post.  They say that I have a TG01-0000i (8BG56AV).  

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

@BuildMoreFarms 

Your machine could be one of the following machine

https://support.hp.com/au-en/product/hp-pavilion-gaming-desktop-pc-tg01-0000i/29014479/product-info

For example:      HP Pavilion Gaming - TG01-0003nl

They use same motherboard  has

• One PCIe x16 socket (for discrete graphic card)
  • One PCIe x1 socket
  • One M.2 socket 1, key A
  • One M.2 socket 3, key M

It only has ONE socket which is in use. No second slot for more storage.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

hi

"P.S. When I looked at the bottom of my PC, the model was TG01-1183w "

HP Pavilion Gaming Desktop TG01-1183w PC 

Baker Motherboard 

it does not change much, but it is not the same motherboard so if  this model

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

Thank you for your response Banhien.  How would I go about upgrading the SSD that is utilizing the single socket?

HP Recommended

Hi Promethee,

It looks like your response was cut-off.  I am interested to read what you have to say.

HP Recommended

Upon further review - it looks as though my pc has the "baker" mother board whereas the pc you gave as an example has the "rother" motherboard.  Can you please clarify.

HP Recommended

@BuildMoreFarms 

Its motherboard has

• Two M.2 expansion slots (1 x PCIe x16 and 1 x PCIe x1)
  • One M.2 socket 1, Key A
  • One M.2 socket 3, Key M, (2280/2242)

Again, it only has ONE M.2 slot for storage which is already occupied I wouldn't recommend  to use PCIe x 1 slot because its speed is not right.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

@BuildMoreFarms wrote:

Hi Promethee,

It looks like your response was cut-off.  I am interested to read what you have to say.

Can you show what you see exactly?
a screenshot of my answer:

Capture d’écran 2023-01-20 123412.png

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.