Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP Envy laptop (aq-0003na)
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

Hello - I'm hoping someone can help me understand if I can connect my pretty old Xbox 360 to my HP laptop. There is an HDMI out the back of the Xbox360 and I have used the connector to put this into the USB C port on the laptop. 

Question 1 - is the USB C port also an input - or just an output? 

Question 2 - if it is an input what do I need to do to be able to see what's coming through from the Xbox onto the display of the laptop? I've done a few web searches but nothing has helped. 

Xbox is still working with the TV but want to have this as an alternative way to watch my DVDs (don't actually use the Xbox for gaming!)

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@Tabb0 

Is it an HP ENVY - 13-aq0003na ? Its specs

https://support.hp.com/vn-en/document/c06440200

1. The USB-C port is USB 3.1 Gen 1 Type-C™ (5 Gb/s signaling rate, Power Delivery 3.0, DisplayPort™ 1.2, HP Sleep and Charge)  which is for DisplayPort™ 1.2 (out).
  2. N/A. You can't connect HDMI out to this port. This won't work.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Thank you. I had read the specs but if I’m honest I just didn’t know what they meant in a practical way. 

Do you know if any of the ports on the laptop are inputs eg if I try usb to usb or are they only outputs? 

forgive me if I’m asking the wrong question! Hope you understand it! 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.