Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Gaming - TG01-0023w
Microsoft Windows 11

I'd just like to ask this to increase the longevity of my device, but does the case design internally allow for extra 3.5 inch hard drives?

and does the power supply have spare SATA power connectors? you can see two data connectors in this image i took of its insides, but i just want to be sure.gutsofmachine.jpeg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@nikodoge99,

Welcome to our HP User Forum!

Your desktop has plenty of internal space.  You should be able to make it work.  There is definitely place for two extra 2.5 inch SSD/HDD drives, or one 3.5 inch and one 2.5 inch drive.  If you have two 3.5 inch drives, open up your case, and think creatively: please take a look at this YouTube video: HP Pavilion Gaming PC Gets SSD Upgrade TG01-0023W - YouTube.

What you need to install two extra drives are the following parts (see video), with the SATA splitter cable being optional in case the L68308-001 cable is already installed, and if you have only one SATA power connection available.  If it is the case that the L68308-001 cable is installed and both SATA power cables are in use, then you'll have to get two SATA splitter cables.  And lest I forget, screws and/or self-adhesive Velcro -heck, even 12-inch zip ties would work to secure drives, if you need to improvise.  And why am I mentioning this? -Just taking care of hypotheticals.  Been there, done that, so to speak.

NonSequitur777_0-1655365468834.png

[EDIT:] -I just reminded myself that in order to install additional drives for one of my legacy HP desktop upgrade projects, I needed a couple of 2.5/3.5 drive adapters, such as seen in this link: 2.5 to 3.5 Hard Drive Adapter, SNANSHI SSD Mounting Bracket SSD HDD Metal Mounting Bracket 2.5 to 3.... -but you may very well not need this.  Just thought to mention it though, just in case.

Hope this was helpful.

Kind Regards,

NonSequitur777

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@nikodoge99,

Welcome to our HP User Forum!

Your desktop has plenty of internal space.  You should be able to make it work.  There is definitely place for two extra 2.5 inch SSD/HDD drives, or one 3.5 inch and one 2.5 inch drive.  If you have two 3.5 inch drives, open up your case, and think creatively: please take a look at this YouTube video: HP Pavilion Gaming PC Gets SSD Upgrade TG01-0023W - YouTube.

What you need to install two extra drives are the following parts (see video), with the SATA splitter cable being optional in case the L68308-001 cable is already installed, and if you have only one SATA power connection available.  If it is the case that the L68308-001 cable is installed and both SATA power cables are in use, then you'll have to get two SATA splitter cables.  And lest I forget, screws and/or self-adhesive Velcro -heck, even 12-inch zip ties would work to secure drives, if you need to improvise.  And why am I mentioning this? -Just taking care of hypotheticals.  Been there, done that, so to speak.

NonSequitur777_0-1655365468834.png

[EDIT:] -I just reminded myself that in order to install additional drives for one of my legacy HP desktop upgrade projects, I needed a couple of 2.5/3.5 drive adapters, such as seen in this link: 2.5 to 3.5 Hard Drive Adapter, SNANSHI SSD Mounting Bracket SSD HDD Metal Mounting Bracket 2.5 to 3.... -but you may very well not need this.  Just thought to mention it though, just in case.

Hope this was helpful.

Kind Regards,

NonSequitur777

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.