Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I was wondering if I could run a 1080 ti fe on my omen 880-030. I have already upgraded my power supply to a 750w but I tired a rtx 2070 and I kept getting 3 long beeps continued by 3 long beeps which means bios was not read. It said something about not being able to run integrated gpu's, I did not know that a rtx was integrated. I also have a amd ryzen 7 1700 cpu in 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Greetings,

Welcome to the forum.

I am not a HP employee.

The three beep error cadence suggests a hardware problem. Did you try reseating the 2080 and check (one six pin and one eight pin) PCIe power connections to the card? The error message means the Ryzen processor does not have integrated graphics. Thus the BIOS could not see the 2080. It is also possible the 2080 may have been faulty if you installed it correctly.

The 1080 Ti will fit in your PC if the 2080 did.

You have to disable Secure boot and enable Legacy boot in the UEFI BIOS (Link) before you install a different graphics card .

Regards

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Greetings,

Welcome to the forum.

I am not a HP employee.

The three beep error cadence suggests a hardware problem. Did you try reseating the 2080 and check (one six pin and one eight pin) PCIe power connections to the card? The error message means the Ryzen processor does not have integrated graphics. Thus the BIOS could not see the 2080. It is also possible the 2080 may have been faulty if you installed it correctly.

The 1080 Ti will fit in your PC if the 2080 did.

You have to disable Secure boot and enable Legacy boot in the UEFI BIOS (Link) before you install a different graphics card .

Regards

HP Recommended

So you have to do the legacy boot before the install of a new graphics card on the omen 880- series?

HP Recommended

Hi East2k,

All UEFI BIOS PCs work this way.

The secure boot keys protect the system at boot.

But you also had a BIOS error hardware problem. I have discussed the possible causes to this in my first reply.

Regards

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.