Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP 580-023w
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have the HP 580-023w and found a great deal on a GTX 1070 Mini and was wanting to know if my PC will handle it? hgfd.jpg714VUpATTUL._SL1500_.jpg

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hello @WallE911 

Two things you have to consider.

1. Will the length fit in the space the existing card is in?  I assume it will.

2. The Zotac will require a 500w PSU and yours is only 300w. You will need to upgrade to a MiniATX 500w PSU that has an 8 pin power connector for the card.

Let me know if I can help further.

HP Recommended

Would a Lepa ATX 500w 12v  work ? they sell them at frys . 

HP Recommended

No.  You need a 500w miniATX not ATX. Those are two different sizes physically.

HP Recommended

If you are not famililar with how to work on a PC, you need to read up on how to change parts like a PSU and video card on YouTube. Otherwise, you could break something when installing the card. Or get a Frys technician to install it for you.

Just a thought.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.