Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
OMEN 30L
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I got an HP Omen 30L i7-10th gen with no GPU. I do not game but rather use photoshop and lightroom. Can I use an older quadro, like a K2200 or M4000 to this desktop tower?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

It doesn't have to be this one

OMEN 30L GT13-0080 Desktop PC Product Specifications

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 (10 GB)

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Hello @christianmax 
personally, I would not answer in the affirmative
Normally this shouldn't be a problem
only, I have already read some topics, where the replacement by an old graphics card, is a failure
What is the exact model of the computer?

To find it follow this
for a desktop computer

HP Desktop PCs - How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number? | HP® Customer Support

Give the full name with the product number P / N

this is not a model:
HP Desktop M01-F1xxx
the requested product number must look like this
Product Number: 9EE50AA # ABA
the model corresponding to this number will therefore be
HP Desktop - M01-F1033wb

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------

please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

I couldn't find much except this - 

‎GT13-0080

HP Recommended

It doesn't have to be this one

OMEN 30L GT13-0080 Desktop PC Product Specifications

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 (10 GB)

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

HP Recommended

Sorry @christianmax 
I see you validated the answer
but I would like to be sure that no mistake
You told me that the computer you have does not have a graphics card.
Excluding the model given next, it seems to be equipped with an nvidia graphics card
So, is this really the case?
I prefer to ask because either it is not this model
either you bought a used product, and the previous owner was able to remove the graphics card
either it is this model with the card, in this case, it could work like this

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

HP Recommended

Hi,

Yes it is the exact model. I purchased without a GPU and will be adding my own quadro. It looks like it will and should accept the GPU.

HP Recommended

Ok if you already have it then you can try
see maybe this

HP Desktop PCs - Computer Does not Start After Installing a Video Card (Windows 10, 😎 | HP® Custome...

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

HP Recommended

So, I installed the quadro m2000 to my Omen and nothing happened. Nothing displays to the monitor and I can’t really troubleshot if I can’t see the screen? What do you think is the issue?

HP Recommended

Have you checked, if the power supply is sufficient, if it has not been changed, too?
The manipulation indicated in the link?

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.