cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
The HP Calculator Community Message Board is moving. While we prepare for the move, we are unable to accept new postings. During the move, you can look for help from other users by visiting https://www.hpmuseum.org/ . Or if you need technical support for your calculator visit: HP Calculators. .
micboo
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Can an HP OMEN 870-230 Desktop PC be upgraded and moved into a different case?

HP Recommended
HP Omen 870-230
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I would like to upgrade a few pieces of my PC such as the graphics card and possibly upgrade to liquid cooling. At the same time, I want to change the case to NZXT H510.

I was wondering if this would be possible at all and just how easy it would be. I would love to turn this PC into one I can easily view the parts of and upgrade as I felt necessary.

Thank You

1 REPLY 1
Grzwacz
Level 12
Level 12
7,129 5,644 676 1,454
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Greetings,

Welcome to the forum.

I am not a HP employee.

HP may deploy modified front panel motherboard (MB) connections that don't work with retail cases. HP may also modify (MB) front panel USB pinouts.

I don't know if your MB is modified or if it adheres to standard ATX MB specs.

I don't recommend installing HP MBs in retail cases. This procedure may or may not work depending on what you have.

You can upgrade the graphics card. You have a 500 watt power supply.

Pick a new graphics card. Then compare the length of the new card for MB clearance and case clearance and the card's power requirements to your HP power supply.

Installing a AIO liquid cooling system requires removing the MB to install the back plate.

I would stick with the current system.

Build a PC when you are ready to upgrade.

it's your call.

Regards

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation