Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Omen 880-122ns
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello im new at informatic and i just want to ask if i can change the graphic card without changing anything mlre like mother board etc

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hello
it depends on the model chosen
Mainly at the level of consumption.

OMEN by HP 880-122ns Desktop PC Product Specifications
your power supply and 500w, there must also be additional pci connectors
But depending on the graphics card, there may be a need for a 600w power supply for example, and additional pci connectors pci  :

https://graphicscardhub.com/graphics-card-pcie-power-connectors/

this can give you an idea

880-160se CTO Product Specifications and Configurable Options

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/omen-by-hp-880-100-desktop-pc-series/18695893/product-info

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/omen-by-hp-880-100-desktop-pc-series/18695893/model/26635091/do...

attention, this is for information
models in the trade may be different.
As shown here, just because an rtx is installed does not mean that all commercial rtxes can work.

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

I was thinking to change to nvdia 3070 or 3080 but idk , my model is omen 880-122ns  can i change?

HP Recommended

I cannot confirm it to you
it is necessary to make the verification which I indicated
in any case your motherboard only supports the pci 3.0
, the rtx 3xxx is in pci 4.0

rtx 3070 alim 650w i think

the best if you can is to test it with an IT professional

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------

please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

@fro0zklk,

Not an ideal project.  The following document(s) and video(s) may provide a negative view of your computer.  The information suggests the video card lower bracket only allows a fixed length.

Upgrade manual       video of bracket at front of card.   Notice the bracket can not slide forward as it drops into a recessed area. 3 screws hold the lower bracket.

This system is feedback driven thru Solution and Kudo flags. It's the only means of knowing if you have been served. Please click Accept as Solution, if your problem is solved. To say THANK YOU, press the "thumbs up symbol" to render a KUDO. You can render both Solution and KUDO..

HP Envy 8 5010 Tablet
(2) HP DV7t i7 3160QM 2.3Ghz 8GB
Printer -- HP OfficeJet Pro 8620 Legal
Custom Asus Z97D, I7-4790k, 16GB RAM, WIN10 Pro 64bit, ZOTAC GTX1080 AMP Extreme 3 fan 8GB RAM, 500GB SSD, Asus PB287 4k monitor, Rosewill Blackhawk case and 750W OCZ PSU.
HP Recommended

@wb2001 

it's not easy, but it's still possible
But it is necessary all the same to stay in the models preceding preferably
I have a computer of another type, and not more obvious, but I was able to change the graphics card all the same

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.