Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Hp790
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hey can i upgrade my 1050 too a 1050ti  without upgrading my power suplly can i also run 24gb off ddr4 .

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Greetings,

Welcome to the forum.

I am not a HP employee.

HP 790 does not help to provide an answer.

Both graphics cards require a 300 watt power supply with no additional PCIe connections from the power supply. Check your current power supply.

Current HP MBs can do 24 GBs of RAM or more provided the RAM is compatible with the MB specifications.

It is always best to use memory kits when upgrading RAM to avoid problems.

Regards

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.