Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Hp desktop Elite 53it
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
I have a Hp elite 531it with a gtx 460 as factory default , now i wanto to upgrade the gpu with a gtx 1060 , i wonder if there will be issues with my bios or it will works. Thank you
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @Alberto98,

Thank you for visiting the HP Forums! A great place where you can find solutions for your issues with help from the community! I came across your post and wanted to assist you. I understand you are looking to upgrade the graphics card on your PC and you would need assistance. Don't worry as I have a few suggestions which should help you resolve this issue.

After reading your post, I did go through the Product Specifications and found that you have a NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460 graphics card installed on the PC and this is on PCI Express x16 slot.

Please find the specifications of both the cards listed below:

GTX 460 - Click here

GTX 1060 - Click here

After going through the specs, I see that GTX 460 Bus support is 2.0 where as the Bus support for GTX 1060 is 3.0. You can go ahead and upgrade it may work but at reduced speed.

HP Does not recommend any upgrade or downgrade of any parts, however, you can go ahead and do it at your own discretion. 

I hope I have answered your question, let me know if you need any further assistance. I'll be more than happy to help.

Hope this helps, for any further queries reply to the post and feel free to join us again.

Feel free to post your query for any other assistance as well,

It's been a pleasure interacting with you and I hope you have a good day ahead.

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accepted Solution.

And click on the Purple Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi @Alberto98,

Thank you for visiting the HP Forums! A great place where you can find solutions for your issues with help from the community! I came across your post and wanted to assist you. I understand you are looking to upgrade the graphics card on your PC and you would need assistance. Don't worry as I have a few suggestions which should help you resolve this issue.

After reading your post, I did go through the Product Specifications and found that you have a NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460 graphics card installed on the PC and this is on PCI Express x16 slot.

Please find the specifications of both the cards listed below:

GTX 460 - Click here

GTX 1060 - Click here

After going through the specs, I see that GTX 460 Bus support is 2.0 where as the Bus support for GTX 1060 is 3.0. You can go ahead and upgrade it may work but at reduced speed.

HP Does not recommend any upgrade or downgrade of any parts, however, you can go ahead and do it at your own discretion. 

I hope I have answered your question, let me know if you need any further assistance. I'll be more than happy to help.

Hope this helps, for any further queries reply to the post and feel free to join us again.

Feel free to post your query for any other assistance as well,

It's been a pleasure interacting with you and I hope you have a good day ahead.

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accepted Solution.

And click on the Purple Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

@Alberto98

Would you please come back and let us know how it works out?

Thanks

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.