Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Hp G5420sc
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

I have a problem with getting to BIOS. Taping F10 while booting, it says that entering setup, but it won't go bios. It will boot to windows. Turning PC on, there is an error-system fan failed. I really need some help with that.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Lexy1010 , welcome to the forum.

If you haven't done so lately, it would be a good idea to remove the side panel to clean the inside of the case.  You should clean the fan blades with a cotton swab and alcohol, because if they are dusty this can cause the error message you are getting.  Once the system is clean, boot it to see if the fans are running.  Please let me know the outcome of the cleaning.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
HP Recommended

It didn't help. I also tested other fans and same thing.

HP Recommended

Thank you for the additional information, @Lexy1010!

I suggest that you try tapping the ESC key once per second, as soon as, the computer begins to boot.  This should take you to the BIOS setup menu.

I can't find the age of the computer, but it may be that there is a glitch in the BIOS.  I checked HP's Software and Driver downloads page and there is not software or drivers available.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.