Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Pavilion Gaming Desktop 690-0013w
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Anybody know where I can get the little circuit board for the front panel power button on the Pavilion 690 series? HP doesn't sell them, and I've had no luck with their resellers, either. The connector on the board broke off, so I can't hook the wire back up to power the computer. Any help is appreciated.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Camo_Camel Welcome to HP Forums Community!

I've looked up the details and here's the universal part number for the power button cables: L15763-001 Cable - Power, Nelson Nessler, I must let you know that this part number could be used to order on the HP Parts store or any local online store such as eBay, Amazon, etc...All you need to do is google the part number - "L15763-001", and you should have the details on the result page.

I hope that answers your query,  

If it did, simply select "Accept as solution", to help the community grow, 

And if you wish to thank us for our efforts, click on the thumbs up for kudos.

Have a great day ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks for your reply, but as I mentioned in the original post, the cable itself isn't the problem, it's the circuit board that the cable plugs into that is located directly behind the power button. The connector that the cable plugs into broke off when the cable pulled free, so I have nothing to plug the cable back into. All the places I have contacted so far don't have it available for purchase, which is rather frustrating since the computer can't power on without it.

HP Recommended

@Camo_Camel The parts store should ideally contain the part number of all parts available from HP, if you've already used the link I had attached for your reference and the connector wasn't a part of it either, I'm afraid you will need to get the motherboard replaced as we don't recommend or support replacing broken connectors on the motherboard or simply go for an upgrade as that could be rather expensive if the device is not within the HP warranty anymore,

Although, if the pc is still within the HP warranty, I suggest you talk to HP support and discuss your options:

follow the below steps to get started:

1) Click on this link - www.hp.com/contacthp/

2) Click on "Continue as guest".

3) Enter the serial of your device.

4) Select the country from the drop-down.

5) Click on "Show Options".

Fill the web-form, to populate a case number and phone number for yourself!

If you wish to thank me for my efforts, you could click on "Accept as solution" on my post as the solution should help others too.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.