Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
OMEN 30L Desktop GT13-0080
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

HP OMEN 30L DESKTOP  gt13-0080  i7 10700K  DORADO-OC AMP MOTHERBOARD   PROD NUMBER :1K0B1AAR

Running WIN 10 PRO 21H2 WDC 1TB NVME  32GB RAM

I have owned this PC for about 2 weeks and I can't get into BIOS via Escape, F10, or Recovery Selection Process through Windows.

i have since found out that machine was shipped with FASTBOOT ON. I turned it off and still was not able to get into the BIOS.

The machine simply boots up to Windows Main Screen in 15 seconds.

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi @thevmaxer 

Welcome to the HP Support Community. Thanks for bringing this to our notice. 

I see that you are not able to boot into the BIOS of your system.

I would suggest you shut down your system completely and then power it ON. As soon as you click on the power button, follow the steps below:

Power on, immediately tap-tap-tap F10 to enter the BIOS 

I would suggest you continuously press the F10 or Esc till the time it takes you to the BIOS screen. 

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. 

Click the “Yes" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping. 

NIRVANA_95
I am an HP Employee
HP Recommended

This was alrwady tried numerous times, including, with HP Smartfriends. I have been able to occassionally get to the mainscreen of WIN 10 HOME with some different combinations of HDD, probably due to luck... But, since I dont have access to UEFI, ITS HIT & MISS... Screen is usually off, so WINDOWS is not getting past POST. And since I cant access UEFI, there is no way to chane or add to boit order. 

HP Recommended

Thanks for your response.

May I know the exact reason you wish to boot into the BIOS? 

Also, I would suggest you try to boot into the BIOS with an alternate keyboard that you can connect externally.

Let me know the outcome of it.

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. 

Click the “Yes" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping. 

NIRVANA_95
I am an HP Employee
HP Recommended

Interesting that you would mention an alternate keyboard.

I normally use a Wireless Logictech keyboard/mouse combo (k800 +M325 mouse.)

When I first received the OMEN 30L, I could not get it to boot...then I remembered that problem with my last PC and solved it with the WIRED HP junk that comes with the computer...it worked. 

After receiving  OMEN 30L 05/06/2022, I could not download driver updates from HP or Microsoft Store. 

I had to buy a warranty to get HP SMARTFRIENDS to help me download HP & Microsoft updates!

Then I found out I could not get into BIOS... 

I called HP Tech Support and they opened a case, sent me empty box, said they would fix PC that is not under warranty, 

and send unit back to me. DID THAT!...about a week later I called them and they said they were not fixing it under warranty, they were sketchy about what would be fixed if I paid them $908! They said the motherboard was messed up, graphics card was messed up, not factory NVME or RAM (like that matters- if it did matter, then why did machine originally boot up to Windows 10  PRO but I could not get into BIOS. Window upgrade to PRO went OK but Windows decided to install on HDD instead of NVME and did not even let me know.  P.S. I was sold this unit which has a sticker on it that says HP certified refurbished, but after checking with seller, he said he forgot to mention in the ad, that this unit was not covered under HP 90 day warranty. Here I am stuck in the middle...

Yesterday, 05/26/2022, spent several hours with HP Smartfriends trying all the goofy shortcuts with the keyboard to try to get into BIOS. (no success)

BLACK SCREEN with message BIOS CORRUPTED.

I was planning on installing some new hard drives and eventually new graphics card + new NVME M2.

Without BIOS you cant change the boot order..

So now the only options are to return unit for my money back (Thank you EBAY for that)

-OR- try to strike a deal with the seller where they pay for a new motherboard and I pay to have it installed.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.