Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Omen Obelisk 875
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have realized that my computer is running too slowly and I came to the decision that I want to reset it but keep personal files. I went to Recovery Settings and I went through the process of clicking Keep files and when it came to resetting, my pc was restarted and I saw the Omen Bootup screen but Windows 10 opened to a blue screen that said "There was a problem resetting your PC, no changes were made". I was just wondering if anybody had a fix for it. I have tried the command promt commands such as reagentc /disable and reagentc /enable but it doesn't fix anything.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hello @Swiffy 

Any good tech will tell you to never trust resetting Windows and it keeping files. If something goes wrong, you might lose them.

Always backup backup backup first. If you don't have a way to back up to an external drive, I would wait till you can if your files are really important to you.

The Windows reset feature doesn't always work. There could be many reasons why its failing.

I  would first run the UEFI Diagnostics tool for the hard drive and make sure it doesn't report an error.

F2 at power-on will access the tools.

Have you tried the fixes on the web yet? Example: This guy put a video up a few fixes for your issue that might work.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cgNcM7nl9RI

If they do not work,  I would simply clean install Windows to your drive via the Create media Windows 10 and an 8GB usb drive. To clean install means that during the beginning of the installation, you delete all the partitions via a Custom install.

You will have to reinstall all your programs no matter which way you choose to install.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.