Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP Omen
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I had the lovely experience of finding my F keys only respond how they're needed to in games if I hold down the fn key, or refresh pages without holding it as well. I've googled the issue multiple times and every 'fix' I've found has said to go int BIOS and turn them off there, but I have no option for action keys. None.
I've poked around the menu and it's not there.
I just bought this today so I'm really at a loss.

Is there any way to access this menu? Can I turn them off without having to go through that? I would really like to know since some actions are downright impossible to preform if I'm having to stretch my hand over so many keys at once. Thank you!

I tried a separate keyboard, and I did not have this issue at all. Is this just a keyboard related issue? Do I just need to buy a different one?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@noshik Greetings from the HP Community!

Note: Please ensure the complete product name/number for a quicker response from the community, as we need to know what we are dealing with to provide an accurate solution: 

Click here for steps on finding the information we need!

Remember: Do not share any of your personal information such as serial, phone number, email ID, etc.

That said, I must let you know that this isn't an issue, it's by design,

Function keys settings are only available for laptops, the default function for all-in-one or desktop devices cannot be changed.

I hope that answers your query,  

If it did, simply select "Accept as solution", to help the community grow, 

And if you wish to thank us for our efforts, click on the thumbs up for kudos.

Have a great day ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

If I were to get a keyboard with a function key toggle would that help with my issue at all? For now I've bought a cheap one with no FN key and dedicated media keys and it's seemed to have worked, but would like to buy a much better one but don't want to drop a ton of $$$ for a keyboard that'll just have the same issue.
I'm sorry I don't know what you mean for a product number, all I know is it's an Omen gaming computer that I got for my birthday.

HP Recommended

@noshik

I understand your concerns.

If you provide the correct product number. We will check and provide you an appropriate solution.

Note: Please ensure the complete product name/number for a quicker response from the community, as we need to know what we are dealing with to provide an accurate solution: 

Click here for steps on finding the information we need!

Remember: Do not share any of your personal information such as serial, phone number, email ID, etc.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03754824

Have a nice day!!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.