Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP Desktop PC 870-2XX
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I just want to know what type of case it is (ATX or what type it might be hoping for ATX) so I know if i can put a new motherboard and CPU, and in the future maybe a new graphics card in the PC (MSI Z390-A PRO ATX LGA1151, Intel Core i5-9600K 3.7 GHz 6-Core Processor, and most likely a 2070 or 2060 RTX for a new graphics card) the pc name exactly is OMEN by HP Desktop PC 870-2XX

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hello @Zephyrus03 

That case holds a micro ATX motherboard. You could technically install a name brand board, but you will have to pay attention to the case power connectors as I don't know if they will be exactly the same standard pins, or a unifying plug. You might have to modify that. Depending on what graphics you install, you might have to also replace the ATX PSU.

HP Recommended

Do you think that in the long run it would be more worth it if I were to buy a new case that could fit an ATX motherboard and just move the parts from the OMEN PC to the new case seeing as how in the near future I will most likely be buying a new graphics card?

HP Recommended

Thats totally up to you.  If I were going to go with a whole new case and ATX mobo, then I would just wait till I could just build a whole new PC. Then I would use the Omen for a backup.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.