Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
PC Gaming HP OMEN 870-140ns
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I jus bougth a "PC Gaming HP OMEN 870-140ns " and i bougth a new SSD (solid state drive) to increase performance, its already installed, and now i want to pass the operative system (windows 10 / 64bits) to the SSD, and i dont know which way its the best way, what im trying to do its to use "Windows Media Creation Tool" instal windows there and then install it on the SSD but im afraid that something can harm my pc, and also that the drivers wont be the same or othe unexpected issues with the software, i want a professional help, i dont want to harm my desktop, thank you all for the help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@KevinJMartinez, welcome to the forum.

According to the specs of the computer it came with a 128 GB TLC SSD and Win 10 Home Highend (64-bit).

The easiest way to install the new SSD is by cloning the current 128 GB SSD to it.  You should leave the current SSD connected the way it came from the factory and connect the new SSD to a SATA connector on the motherboard.  Then, install the cloning software on the current SSD.  When it is installed you should open it.  It will ask which is the target SSD and you will choose the new SSD.  Once the current SSD is cloned to the new SSD you should Restart the computer.  If it works like it did with my Omen X, the new drive will be the boot drive.

If you have more questions, the Tech Support for the new SSD would be the best place to get the answers.  They are the experts on their products.

Note: if your new SSD is a Samsung, it will have cloning software with it.

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@KevinJMartinez, welcome to the forum.

According to the specs of the computer it came with a 128 GB TLC SSD and Win 10 Home Highend (64-bit).

The easiest way to install the new SSD is by cloning the current 128 GB SSD to it.  You should leave the current SSD connected the way it came from the factory and connect the new SSD to a SATA connector on the motherboard.  Then, install the cloning software on the current SSD.  When it is installed you should open it.  It will ask which is the target SSD and you will choose the new SSD.  Once the current SSD is cloned to the new SSD you should Restart the computer.  If it works like it did with my Omen X, the new drive will be the boot drive.

If you have more questions, the Tech Support for the new SSD would be the best place to get the answers.  They are the experts on their products.

Note: if your new SSD is a Samsung, it will have cloning software with it.

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

HP Recommended

i already try this and its actually working really well but i lost my omen control software, and now i cant change the ligths color, can you help me? 

OMEN by HP Desktop PC - 870-244

HP Recommended

@KevinJMartinez, I am glad that my suggestion worked for you.  Here is the Driver and software downloads for the computer.  In the section titled "Utility-Tools" you will find the Omen Control.  I hope this helps.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.