Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP Omen 880-188
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

I've been using Omen Sequencer for almost 2 weeks now and i am enjoying it. About a week ago, for some odd reason when i started my PC i noticed that the keyboard lighting changed, so at the desktop, i fired Omen Command Center and went to my profiles and clicked apply and nothing happened. I tried various methods, i reinstalled Command Center, i tried to update Keyboard driver, and i removed the keyboard from "My Devices" for a fresh install and eventually it worked.  Today, the same issue returned, however, this time using the methods i used before isn't really fixing it.

On a side note, I can still cycle through different lighting modes (fn + 1-8) so apparently there isn't hardware failure.

Please help me resolve this matter.

Regards,

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@MA87 I suggest you uninstall the command center from your device and then, reinstall the same using the Microsoft website: click here for details.

Once done, check the below steps and ensure it works fine:

Choose an animation effect for the keyboard to display.

1. Select the Animation lighting mode.

2. Select the desired effect.

Figure : Selecting an animation effect

Selecting an animation effect

Customization options display.

3. Customize the animation effect using the options available.

NOTE: 

Customization options vary based upon the selected animation effect.

Figure : Customizing keyboard animation effects (Ripple)

Customizing keyboard animation effects (Ripple)

P.S: Welcome to HP Community 😉

Let me know how that pans out,

If you feel I was helpful, simply click on Accept as Solution to help the community grow,

That said, I will have someone follow-up on this to ensure you've been helped,

Just in case you don't get back to us within 24 - 48hrs, and have a good day, ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks for your efforts, i did that originally.  I uninstalled completely and reinstalled using Microsoft App Store, i tried repairing the program, and tried resetting the program as well.  Nothing worked, however, 2 days later it went back to normal, though not 100% functioning as intended as some lighting styles will only work with certain effects. (ex: Omen Vulcano only works with Ripple effect).

Regards,

HP Recommended

@MA87 I suggest you create a new user account and try the same steps again, its possible the current user account has a glitch or an issue.

Click here for steps on how to create a new account.

If you wish to thank me for my efforts, you could click on "Accept as solution" on my post as the solution should help others too.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

@ thanks a lot, however, as i mentioned above the command center is functioning properly without any intervention from my side, so technically changing the username isn't the solution.

HP Recommended

@MA87 The reason I suggested that, is so that we may resolve the issues with the lightning styles as well, a complete fix or if you are satisfied with the way it works now, you can ignore the other issues.

The choice is yours and yours alone 😉

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.