Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Hp Omen Obelisk 875-
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

What is a specific motherboard that will be compatible with the Omen Obelisk and the power connectors, I know it has to be a micro-ATX.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Greetings,

Welcome back to the forum.

I am not a HP employee.

You are correct; you need a uATX motherboard.

Here's the problem.

HP may use modified front panel USB connections or RGB connections that don't work with retail motherboards from vendors such as Asus or Gigabyte. The power switch and power or HDD LEDs may not work.

It is not recommended to install retail MBs in HP PCs. Sometimes this works and sometimes this modification  does not work.

There may be other issues with chassis standoffs and how the rear I/O shield in installed.

Only someone doing this change can verify if this will work with your specific HP PC. Obelisk 875 can be many HP PCs. But the chassis is the same for all HP 875 PCs.

Regards

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.