Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
OMEN Obelisk Desktop 875-0030qd
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have an OMEN desktop that I would like to upgrade with thunderbolt ports. I’ve looked around and found 2 HP thunderbolt PCIe cards for my desktop but they seem to only be compatible with the Z series of HP desktops. They are the HP 3UU05AA and F3F43AT. I also checked on the ASUS ThunderboltEX 3 card but that seems to not be compatible with HP motherboards. Does anyone know of a card that’s compatible with my desktop?

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hello @Stat1 

I don't know of any compatible TB PCIe card for the 875-0030qd CTO.

Im curious though, were you planning on removing the graphics card and using its PCIe slot on the motherboard since there is only one?

Edoras specs

HP Recommended

I was under the impression there was an available slot for the PCIe card. I didn't have any intentions of removing the graphics card.

HP Recommended

Then no, it wont work. There are no available PCIe slots as is pointed out in the link I posted above.

Sorry.

HP Recommended

Thanks!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.