Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP Omen 30L Desktop
Microsoft Windows 11

Just got the OMEN,  Decided to uninstall Office 365 components in order to run 32 Bit Office Pro 2016 that I have.  That caused problems. More than Office was uninstalled.   First, Firefrox would not start and reported couldn't find VCRUNTIME140_1.dll.  I was able to fix that using PatchMyPC to install C++2019 (X64).  Problem solved.  Except now when it attempts to go to sleep, the monitor goes dark, the unit does not go to sleep, the fans are running fast.  The power-off switch is disabled.  Only way to then shut off is to unplug!  I do not think installing that patch caused this. I think something is missing.

I assume that there was more software that was uninstalled, probably in the C++ libraries, but do not have the master list of software on the OMEN out of the box (now wish I did). 

Any suggestions?  Anyway to get a software list and then see what is missing? 

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hi,

Check system files. Run the following commands at an administrative command prompt. Weird wake from sleep problems may be caused by system drivers. Corrupted chipset drivers can cause this problem.

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

Upon completion then run the next command sfc /scannow

Run HP Diagnostics: start the PC. Tap "ESC".

Select "F10". Run system and component tests.

Well, I would then back up data and do a HP Recovery if hardware tests pass. Your PC is brand new. The HP factory image should be okay. 

Start the PC. Tap "ESC".

Select "F11" (System Recovery).

Follow prompts to restore your PC to factory settings.

Or use the HP Cloud Recovery Tool (Link).

Run the PC a while in pristine condition. Check for problems.

Regards

HP Recommended

Thank You!

HP Recommended

Hi,

You're very welcome.

Check my response again. I did some edits.

Regards

HP Recommended

Hi,

All one can do is:

1. Check system file integrity

2. Check Hardware

3. Back up data and start clean

Same problem on a clean installation suggests a hardware problem that is not detected by HP Diagnostics. Options at this point are return the PC to seller (refund/exchange) or contact HP Support for warranty service (Link).

Regards

HP Recommended

I followed the advice and performed an HP windows recovery from the cloud.  Once installed,  I ran a number of the HP HW, UEFI and SW diagnostics to check the system before I made any changes/installs.  Everything passed - except one (Hardware changes might not have been detected).  But rerunning the dignostics - it reported no issue found everything came back "no issue found".  

However, the system will not go to sleep - when I select sleep, the screen goes blank for a moment, and then comes back to the Windows  screen you get after logging out.    I stepped away from the unit for a while, and found the screen dark, and the Computer running fast (at least the fans were).  I I had to unplug the unit to shut it down.   These are the same symptoms I was encountering that had me reach out to the forum.

I'm stumped.  Any help appreciated!   And Happy New Year to the HP community!

HP Recommended

Thanks again!  I just saw your additions  - but had already run from the original message.  

HP Recommended

Thanks for the support link.  I figured I would have to track it down.  

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.