Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Omen Desktop 870-224
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

My HP Omen desktop boots up to a weird blue login screen in Hebrew.  I can’t get it off this screen or get it to do anything.  Any ideas on how to fix it myself? image.jpg

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Greetings,

Welcome to the forum.

I am not a HP employee.

Wow, that is very strange. Your PC is distributed by HP in the USA. A Hebrew login screen is very suspicious.

You should recover to HP factory settings. Did you make HP factory recovery media (DVD or USB)?

You can order HP recovery media at this site (Link). Scroll down to see the Recovery media purchase option.

Or you can install Windows 10 clean (Link). Then use the first link to install HP software and drivers.

It looks like you have been hijacked. Can't say for sure.

Data on the HDD is going to be lost. I don't know if I would mess with data recovery in this situation. This is very unusual. 

I have no idea on how to fix this, have never seen this event. I could be The Boy That Cried Wolf but this is extremely unusual.

Regards

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.