Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
OMEN by HP Desktop PC - 880-076no
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, 

Bought the computer about 2 years ago. Yesterday when I started It up the sound was louder than usual. Never opened It up or something like that so don´t know where It came from. Tried to restart and the sound came back in the loading screen, even If there´s no programs running. 

The thing Is It runs perfectly normal, but the sound Is so much louder than before. Could It just be some dust In the way? The guarantee went out 6 months ago, so no backup there.. Someone else who had similar problems? 

/Saaskii

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Greetings,

Welcome to the forum.

I am not a HP employee.

Have you isolated what fan is loud? Never taking a look inside your chassis sounds like you have never cleaned the internals. You should blow the dust out about every six months.

You can use compressed air. I don't like compressed air because as you spray the container gets very cold. The spray liquefies. 

Not good for electronic components.

I use electric dust blowers (Link to Amazon).

Thoroughly clean the interior; chassis' fans, PSU fan and heatsink, and other components. Only clean with the PC off and disconnected from AC power. Depress the power switch after disconnecting from AC power to drain any residual power remaining in the motherboard.

Let the PC rest for 20 to 30 minutes (side panel removed) and disconnected from AC power after cleaning to ensure it is completely dry when using compressed air.

Regards

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.