Did you mean: 
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Connect PS4 with 20 inch monitor

HP LP2065 20

Hello,
I am trying to connect my PS4 with the HP LP2065 20-inch monitor using a DVI-I to HDMI converter. At the moment I ahve connected the two devices, but the monitor screen shows no input (completely black). Even trying to boot the PS4 in safe mode I am unable to see an input on the screen. The monitor reports input from DVI #1 and when I boot it up there is a flash of something on the screen but then it goes black again.

I think the problem may be that the resolutions on the PS4 and monitor do not match. Can I change the resolution on the monitor to be compatible with the PS4? Any other suggestions? Thanks a lot.

Tags (1)
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Level 15
Level 15
11,083 10,895 1,128 3,257
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Connect PS4 with 20 inch monitor

You would do best to also ask on the Sony / Playstation forums.

The resolution has to be changed in the device connecting to a monitor, not in the monitor itself.

I hear that the PS4 only supports a 16:9 ratio of 1280x720 and 1920x1080.

Your old HP monitor uses a 4:3 ratio of 1600x1200.

I dont think its going to work. You should confirm this on the PS4 forums though.

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation