Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
870-097a
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I hate to have to write this out again. Last time I posted here the fix I got was merely temporary, and the crashes that returned have became worse. Here's a quick story.

So far from what I can tell this is to do with my GPU's driver, other r380 users have reported constant green screen crashes and other forms of crashing as well, AMD released a temporary fix; this fixed nada for me.

I've had green screen crashes that end audio 2-4 seconds after firing, and usually come after a series of horizontal green artifacts. These sometimes follow up with a windows error message displaying:

"THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE_DRIVER" (or something like that)

And sometimes the green screen crash just doesn't do anything and requires a hard reboot to get rid of. Sometimes it crashes with a distorted image of my previous screen, which I have pictures of.

I've also had the very sudden "MEMORY_MANAGEMENT_ERROR" crash, which well, is sudden and pretty much instantly restarts my computer after compiling error reports.

I've also had the ALSO very sudden  "CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED" which follows just as above.

Sometimes the computer just freezes full stop with no error report during, it requires a hard reboot to start up again.

I usually have around 1-8 crashes per day.

What I've done to try and remedy this:

Update BIOS

Update GPU Drivers

Update HP Reccomended drivers

Rolled back GPU Drivers

Tried to cool computer by opening window (Worth a shot right?)

Clean uninstall drivers and reinstall

Changed monitor

Changed power settings

Scan for viruses (Had none, wowzers)

Uninstalling AVG (Friend reccomended it so... Worth a shot)

HP Diagnosal

I'd like to hear anything else I could do, or if I should just use my warranty; if so can someone provide me with the contact details for claiming said warranty? 

This PC is just a bundle of joy 😛

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@NeonOverIon

You can certainly make use of your warranty coverage.

HP may require that you go through some of the same troubleshooting -- or at least explain what you have tried (and tried and tried).

Have ready your information -- things like Serial Number and exact Product number, and the list of what you have provided here.

HP Contact Information – Sales, Technical Support, other Contacts 

USA / Canada

Fill in form (explain issue / provide computer identification information / submit) and receive Case Number and Contact Information

Contact HP – USA - Assistance

HP Contact Information - Including UK

HP Tech support/ Customer Service – Some English-Speaking Countries

HP World-Wide Support

Help to find Product Number:

Identify my Notebook Model

Warranty Check

Warranty Check – Single or Multiple Devices

HP Limited Warranty Statement (General Information)

HP Worldwide Limited Warranty and Technical Support

Optional Coverage Plans:

Enter your product number in the form to view various Warranty plans available for that system:

Care Pack Central

CarePack Definitions:

Care Pack Services Definitions

HP Consumer Services (Service Purchase Information)

1-866-724-8600

Good Luck!

Click the Thumbs Up to say Thanks!

Click Post that answers your question "Accept as Solution" to help others find it.

Dragon-Fur

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.