Post new question
Question

Honor Student
Message 1 of 2 (272 Views)

Continued Artifacting, Freezing and crashing on Omen Desktop

Product Name: 870-097a
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I hate to have to write this out again. Last time I posted here the fix I got was merely temporary, and the crashes that returned have became worse. Here's a quick story.

So far from what I can tell this is to do with my GPU's driver, other r380 users have reported constant green screen crashes and other forms of crashing as well, AMD released a temporary fix; this fixed nada for me.

I've had green screen crashes that end audio 2-4 seconds after firing, and usually come after a series of horizontal green artifacts. These sometimes follow up with a windows error message displaying:

"THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE_DRIVER" (or something like that)

And sometimes the green screen crash just doesn't do anything and requires a hard reboot to get rid of. Sometimes it crashes with a distorted image of my previous screen, which I have pictures of.

I've also had the very sudden "MEMORY_MANAGEMENT_ERROR" crash, which well, is sudden and pretty much instantly restarts my computer after compiling error reports.

I've also had the ALSO very sudden  "CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED" which follows just as above.

Sometimes the computer just freezes full stop with no error report during, it requires a hard reboot to start up again.

I usually have around 1-8 crashes per day.

What I've done to try and remedy this:

Update BIOS

Update GPU Drivers

Update HP Reccomended drivers

Rolled back GPU Drivers

Tried to cool computer by opening window (Worth a shot right?)

Clean uninstall drivers and reinstall

Changed monitor

Changed power settings

Scan for viruses (Had none, wowzers)

Uninstalling AVG (Friend reccomended it so... Worth a shot)

HP Diagnosal

I'd like to hear anything else I could do, or if I should just use my warranty; if so can someone provide me with the contact details for claiming said warranty? 

This PC is just a bundle of joy Smiley Tongue

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Provost
Message 2 of 2 (252 Views)

Re: Continued Artifacting, Freezing and crashing on Omen Desktop

@NeonOverIon

You can certainly make use of your warranty coverage.

HP may require that you go through some of the same troubleshooting -- or at least explain what you have tried (and tried and tried).

Have ready your information -- things like Serial Number and exact Product number, and the list of what you have provided here.

HP Contact Information – Sales, Technical Support, other Contacts 

USA / Canada

Fill in form (explain issue / provide computer identification information / submit) and receive Case Number and Contact Information

Contact HP – USA - Assistance

HP Contact Information - Including UK

HP Tech support/ Customer Service – Some English-Speaking Countries

HP World-Wide Support

Help to find Product Number:

Identify my Notebook Model

Warranty Check

Warranty Check – Single or Multiple Devices

HP Limited Warranty Statement (General Information)

HP Worldwide Limited Warranty and Technical Support

Optional Coverage Plans:

Enter your product number in the form to view various Warranty plans available for that system:

Care Pack Central

CarePack Definitions:

Care Pack Services Definitions

HP Consumer Services (Service Purchase Information)

1-866-724-8600

Good Luck!

Click the Thumbs Up to say Thanks!

Click Post that answers your question "Accept as Solution" to help others find it.

Kind Regards,
Dragon-Fur
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation