Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
OMEN 880-160se
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I'm upgrading some fans and installing Corsair H80i v2 cooler and need full specs detail for my Tampa2 mobo PID 8437.  HP's wesite for unsers is lacking all the necessary info on ports, voltages, types etc.  

Questions I have:

Top Fan and PCI Fan headers on mobo are controled by what:  temp or voltage?  Is the "Top Fan" port fan only or a USB header?  Is the PCI header that the front intake case fan is plugged into also a USB header (or can it be changed)

Where are the available USB headers on the mobo?  There are a few available ports on thje mobo but no documentation on what they are or can be used for.  I need to plug in a USB header cable to run/monitor the Corsair pump control.  

Free ports on mobo:  

VRM Fan - Is this controplled and monitored or is it fan only and runs at 100% all the time?

Pump_Fan1 - This fan plug runs fans at 100% all the time.

LPC1 - No idea what this does

SPI_ROM1 - No idea what this does

Current Config:

Corsair fan 1 is connected to "Top Fan"  connector and speed is variable controlled by mobo.  Fan #2 fan is connected to pump fan cable/splitter and the pump connector is plugged into the mobo CPU_Fan1.  Putting 2 fans on the splitter cable provided by Corsair led to a 90B fan system error.  I moved one fan off to the "Top Fan" connector (where factory case fan was orig.) alleviated the error.  Fan #3 Factory installed front intake case fan is plugged into PCI slot or USB port on mobo?  Maybe this port can be used w/splitter for Fan #3 control/pwr and pump USB connection?  Everythinmg works in this config but my dilema is where to plug in the USB monitor/control cable provided by Corsair into the motherboard?  I hope to get the 2 fans and cooler on the same mobo connector as the instructions show for full control/mgmt.  I need a USB 2.0 header?  Is there a port on the mobo that can be used or is a splitter an option or do I have to run a cable outside the case to a USB 2.0 port?  Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.           

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Greetings,

Welcome to the forum.

I am not a HP employee.

The Corsair AIO liquid cooling system needs the following:

Space to mount a dual 120 mm fan/rad setup,

An open USB 2.0 header on the motherboard to communicate with Corsair Link software to control the pump, LEDs, and fans. You can try a splitter but this may not work. Motherboard USB headers can only power a limited amount of devices.

A SATA power connection to power the device.

The CPU fan connector from the pump connects to the existing CPU fan header. This is to fool the MB into thinking a fan is connected.

Chassis fans don't generally plug into USB headers. You would have to upload an image of what you are talking about.

Fan control and pump RPMs must be controlled by Corsair Link software in order for the AIO Liquid Cooling system to work correctly.

Regards

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.