Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Hp envy 750-537cb
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have a Hp envy 750-537cb but with a nivida 2060 super and a 700 watt psu. I was wonder how much better is a noctua Nh-L9i cpu cooler compared to the one that came with my pc.

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hello @PickleJoe 

It would probably give you a little more cooling, but not by a big margin.

The bigger issue is the fact that the Envy 750 case has abysmal air flow.

I read your other post and what the other person failed to mention is that those RTX 2060/70 cards use mostly all Open-air style coolers. I assume this is what you have?

If so, you needed a blower style card that exhausts the hot air out the back of the case, not back into itself. Your old 1050 may have been open air also, but it does not produce the heat that a 2060 does.

If you are having CPU heat issues, you would probably benefit more from a better case upgrade.

Your motherboard is the Mini-ATX style and your I/O shield should be removable so it should work.

The case power button pin-out on the mobo does not look proprietary, so you could connect a new cases power buttons to it.

Then you could think about an even better CPU cooler and have better cooling for both the cpu and gpu.

Just my opinion.

HP Recommended

One word of caution if you did go with another case.

It looks like your motherboard does not have power connectors for more case fans (if you go with a case that has front fans). You would have to get creative and wire the fans via an adapter from the PSU to the fan/fans.

Better would be to invest in a fan controller so you could control the fan speed... Example....

HP Recommended

If I got the noctu Nh-L9i would it decrease the temps by at least 8c because before summer my temps were fine. Then summer started and my temps were around 80c- 86c.  Is there any other small cpu coolers that could decrease my cpu temps? If not then do i need multiple case fans to cool pc or can I just put my pc in a bigger case and but a good cpu cooler in it?

HP Recommended

If not then do i need multiple case fans to cool pc or can I just put my pc in a bigger case and but a good cpu cooler in it?

If I got the noctu Nh-L9i would it decrease the temps by at least 8c because before summer my temps were fine.

We would have NO way of knowing what your results will be. Ambient temps will also influence your PC temps.

Is there any other small cpu coolers that could decrease my cpu temps?

Going small isn't going to increase your desired result.

If not then do i need multiple case fans to cool pc or can I just put my pc in a bigger case?

That is what I suggested. You really need better airflow to begin with. Otherwise I think you wont get it down any better.

And just so you know... If you are maxing out at 80-86, you still shouldn't be having any issues. Yes its desirable to run cooler, but your cpu can handle those temps also. If you are getting higher temps than that, then I would be more concerned.  Sometimes we get mislead from all the misinformation on the web out there.

Will higher temps shorten the life of my cpu? It might depending on how hot you are talking about, but at your temps if it did, you will have moved on to a newer PC waaaaay before that time comes. Yes there will be all kinds of keyboard warriors who will disagree with me too.

Bottom line: You could give the Noctua a try, but if it does not help enough, you'll have to consider the alternative.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.