Level 1
11 9 0 0
Message 1 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Current issues with either the product or software

HP OMEN X 900
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello, i've just bought the new HP Omen X 900. Downloaded apps such as steam, google chrome and the various recommended apps and updates that were recommended for windows by my PC. Everything was running fine for the past 3 days after purchase (playing Dota 2, graphics were amazing thanks to this PC). Although, now, there is a bit of a problem.

After installing the game: "Medal of Honor: Airborne", i played it and halfway through, my pc suddenly froze, i tried pressing the "windows key "(windows key wasn't locked for gaming) didn't work, tried pressing "Cntrl+Alt+Del", still didnt work, worried because still after 3 mins, my pc is still frozen, i decided to shut it forcibly (pressing/holding the power button) and it worked, PC was still running after turning it on, but then, as i decided not to play "MoH: airborne" and instead play "Dota 2", the pc froze again, this time, at Dota 2, 3 mins into the game, it wasn't even online, i was just playing with bots.

So, normally, i thought that maybe a reseting everything to default would be good for the computer, so i lauched windows and went for factory resetting, but chose the option of keeping the drivers still there. I then re-downloaded Steam, re-downloaded Dota 2 but did not, i repeat, DID NOT re-download MoH:Airborne, since i thought i dont want to make that same mistake again. 

After i started downloading it, steam was a little "iffy" (ie. words would flicker, even desktop shortcuts), but i thought of just not minding it. After finishing the download i played Dota 2, and AGAIN the PC crashed and froze! So i turned it off forcibly again and started it after 15 seconds, wallpaper was still there and asked for my password, after i entered my password, lo and behold: Black screen, no taskbar, no icons, no shortcuts, nothing! Just the cursor!

So i checked if it was still working, pressed "Cntrl+Alt+Del" and it did work, i pressed task manager and it popped up, giving me the percentages of background running apps and everything, so i thought that maybe if i do a full and proper reboot it would work again, so i decided to fully reboot it and get it back to factory default, erasing the drivers and everything, a clean wipe.

Flash forward 2 hours later, the screen displays the Omen logo and says "Resetting this PC 10%.." and has been like that for the past 1 and a half hour.

My question is, after telling this long detail (sorry for a long read but i felt the need to precisely tell all the details), is if my something in my Omen X 900 is wrong? Are there any software issues in it? And if possible, how long will this take? 

I would be very grateful if someone could help me with this, 

Thank you so much in advance 🙂

Ps: No, i do not have any backup usb or hard drive or CD

Omen X 900 that i have is the one with only 1 1080GTX graphics card

(update as of editing this message: percentage has moved to 94% and may be able to be done after a few more hours, had to wait 3-5 more hours btw before the 10% suddenly changed to 94%) so far as of now, my questions, other than the 10% issue, still stands)

9 REPLIES 9
DhatsM
Level 1
11 9 0 0
Message 2 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Update after 5 hours: After finishing all procedures on resetting, a message popped up saying ""a configuration change was requested to clear this computer's TPM" i rejected the request and continued.

Ps: i am now typing this on my Omen X 900, i disbled the feature of updgrading my windows 10 and so far its going smooth, re-downloaded Google Chrome and Steam, and i am now downloading "CoD 2" as a test on whether or not this PC will still run games and if there are any Hardware or Software damages or inconsistencies.

Will update after tests, fingers crossed

XD

0 Kudos
DhatsM
Level 1
11 9 0 0
Message 3 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Update: still the same, CoD 2 crashed and  this time displayed a message saying "CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT", honestly, i didnt think this PC or steam or the fact that this unreliability would be still present at such a well regarded PC and brand

I am so dissapointed right now

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
9,855 9,844 922 1,523
Message 4 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello, @DhatsM – Hope you are well 🙂

Thanks for joining HP Support Forums. I’d glad to be of your assistance!

I understand that you are having trouble while playing games on your HP omen notebook.

First off, perform a Windows Update on your PC. Once done, restart the PC. Now, please go to http://hp.care/2gFA6Q8 and try to install the HP SA.

If the HP Support Assistant is downloaded and has any issues, please try the necessary steps from here: http://hp.care/2sPsfbK 

Also, try running the Intel driver update tool. Go to http://intel.ly/2sPbCN5 and click on download to install and run the utility. this will help you update the drivers directly from the Intel website. Restart the PC once done.

If the issue is only while playing on battery, then the issue could be with the notebook power options. Try these steps:

• Go to Control Panel - Power Options
  • Now click on the "Change plan settings" next to the selected power plan.
  • Click on "Change advanced power settings".
  • Now, expand the "Graphics Settings". 
  • Make sure the "Maximum performance" is selected on both battery & plugged in options.
  • Apply the settings, restart your notebook and then check the performance.
  • I would also recommend you to check the other settings under the advanced power options settings if the issue still persists.

Please let me know if this resolves the issue, or if you require further assistance.

Cheers 🙂

Please click "Accepted Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee
0 Kudos
DhatsM
Level 1
11 9 0 0
Message 5 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I dont have a notebook/laptop i have the desktop, and i cant even download since something went wrong...:

So i ran HP Recovery Manager on my Omen x 900-080na, it boots up, does some restarts that i checked in HP forums that said it was normal, didnt do anything to it while it was preparring everything. Suddenly, it turns into a black screen and says "Windows could not complete the installation. To install Windows on this computer, restart the installation". Didnt know what to do so i pressed Cntrl+alt+del and it works, i sign out and now an account says "Administrator", i log in to that (doesn't have a password), and im stuck, i cant do a factory reset because it displays the message "something went wrong" and i cant even acces the internet! please help Smiley Sad

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
9,855 9,844 922 1,523
Message 6 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello, @DhatsM

You can try to perform the recovery from the start up menu. 

Here are the steps: http://bit.ly/2uRqrwN 

Let me know how that goes!

Good luck 🙂

Please click "Accepted Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee
0 Kudos
DhatsM
Level 1
11 9 0 0
Message 7 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I tried what you suggested and ended up with a blank skyblue screen, literally no warnings, no cursor just a blank blue screen (not a blue screen of death). I ended up shutting my pc down forcibly using the power button and im back to the situation i just said

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
9,855 9,844 922 1,523
Message 8 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello, @DhatsM

I'd suggest you run a hard drive test to determine any hardware failure with the product. Follow the steps below:

1. Hold the power button for at least five seconds to turn off the computer.
  2. Turn on the computer and immediately press Esc to get the Startup menu. Now press F2 key.
  3. The HP PC Hardware Diagnostics (UEFI) main menu is displayed.
  4. Select the "Component test" and then select "Hard drive" from the list.
  5. Let me know if the test passes or not.

If the test passes, perform a system extensive test and a memory test.

Thanks, I'll watch for your reply!

Cheers 🙂

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee
0 Kudos
DhatsM
Level 1
11 9 0 0
Message 9 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello and thanks for the reply

I ran the tests and everything went fine except for the graphics, see, when i was about to install the drivers of the graphics card ( i got the OS again btw but i had to use a USB stick), anyways it turns out the hard drive is ok and nothing is wrong with it, it passed the tests except for the GPU.

While trying to install the drivers of the GPU it keeps of restarting, video drivers, audio drivers, every single driver its ok for update except for the drivers of the graphics card, When trying to install its drivers, the computer suddenly restarts, i tried doing a test on it:

i removed the GTX 1070, thinking that it may be faulty, i have a brand new GTX 1050ti from another PC so i popped that in the OMEN X 900 and started it up, the problem still persists, idk what to do now 😞

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
9,855 9,844 922 1,523
Message 10 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello, @DhatsM

Appreciate all your efforts! 

So, it looks like both the cards were not working. It could be an issue with the port. I'd suggest you contact the HP phone support for further assistance.

HP Technical Support can be reached by clicking on the following link: http://h22207.www2.hp.com/us-en/?openCLC=true

(1) Once the support page opens please select the country in which you're located. Next, enter your HP model number on the right.

(2) Next, choose the 'Contact Support' tab at the top and scroll down to the bottom of the 'HP Support- Contact' page to fill out the form provided with your contact information.

(3) Once completed click the 'Show Options' icon on the bottom right.

(4) Lastly, scroll down to the bottom of the page and select 'Get phone number.' A case number and phone number will now populate for you.

If you have any troubles, let me know and I will do my best to help!

Good luck 🙂

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee
0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation