Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Omen series

Hello,

My poor old HP Envy 700-149 is starting to show it's age but over all still pretty solid.

I enjoy gaming and video editing - I want a prebuilt system that does both.  

Looking for suggestions from the community.

I do not want plenty of HD space for storage so a min of 2TB (like my Envy has!!!!)  But also SSD for speed

Also not again Ryzens or Radeons!

Let's hear your thoughts!

Thank you!

Veepeep

Be the computer you want to be
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

You are welcome, @VeePeeP!

@VeePeeP wrote:

Hi  OG!

I would like to spend $2000 CDN.  Just the tower, my keyboard, mouse and monitor are fine.

But would consider a dual monitor or if you have a maybe just get a bigger one?

I am hearing Ryzen is better for gaming and has a better price point than Intel, with no downside?  Would love to hear your opinion.  There is always an argument as to which manufacturer makes the better gaming processor.  Personally, I have always been an Intel guy.  Take a look at my Custom build in my Signature.  I used Intel and nVidia.  This is the most amazing gaming computer I have ever used.

Radeon vs Nvidia - I could go either way - I think they have both evolved..  but you pay a premium for Nvidia

Ultimately I want just one desktop due to limited space.  Here is a Gaming computer that will definitely do what you need when it comes to gaming and video editing:  https://store.hp.com/us/en/pdp/omen-by-hp-obelisk-desktop-875-1055xt?jumpid=in_search_results-tile-p...

You should click on the tab titled "Specs" to see what the computer has to offer.  While it is "Out of Stock" at the moment, it will give you an idea of the components that I feel will give you what you need and future proof your investment because of the latest, greatest, components.  Of course, the choice is ultimately yours to make.  If you have further questions, let me know.

Thanks for chiming in!!!!  You are welcome!

VP

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@VeePeeP , welcome to the forum.

I will be glad to give you a recommendation for a good gaming and video editing computer.  It would help to know how much you want to spend and a few titles of the games that you play.  Also, I am with you all of the way.  I like Intel and nVidia products the best.  Look at the specifications for my custom build in my signature for an example.

HP Recommended

Hi  OG!

I would like to spend $2000 CDN.  Just the tower, my keyboard, mouse and monitor are fine.

I am hearing Ryzen is better for gaming and has a better price point than Intel, with no downside?  Would love to hear your opinion.

Radeon vs Nvidia - I could go either way - I think they have both evolved..  but you pay a premium for Nvidia

Ultimately I want just one desktop due to limited space.

Thanks for chiming in!!!!

VP

HP Recommended

You are welcome, @VeePeeP!

@VeePeeP wrote:

Hi  OG!

I am hearing Ryzen is better for gaming and has a better price point than Intel, with no downside?  Would love to hear your opinion.  There is always an argument as to which manufacturer makes the better gaming processor.  Personally, I have always been an Intel guy.  Take a look at my Custom build in my Signature.  I used Intel and nVidia.  This is the most amazing gaming computer I have ever used.

Ultimately I want just one desktop due to limited space.  Here is a Gaming computer that will definitely do what you need when it comes to gaming and video editing:  https://store.hp.com/us/en/pdp/omen-by-hp-obelisk-desktop-875-1055xt?jumpid=in_search_results-tile-p...

You should click on the tab titled "Specs" to see what the computer has to offer.  While it is "Out of Stock" at the moment, it will give you an idea of the components that I feel will give you what you need and future proof your investment because of the latest, greatest, components.  Of course, the choice is ultimately yours to make.  If you have further questions, let me know.

Thanks for chiming in!!!!  You are welcome!

VP

HP Recommended

Wow!

They are sold out of almost everything!

Do game and video edit?

Interested in hearing your story!

HP Recommended

@VeePeeP, I have done video editing in the past, but now I am just an old gamer.  I started my gaming life on a HP computer back in early 2002.  Since that time, I have built a couple of computers.  I play games like, Call of Duty: Black OPs, CoD: Ghosts and Tom Clancy: Splinter Cell.  I built my custom build because I wanted to have a computer that had all of the most up to date components possible.  It will most likely be my last build.  In the future, I will be buying nothing but HP gaming computers.  They have come so far it is amazing to have watched it happen!  Good luck with getting that "just right" computer.  It is a great experience.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.