Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Gaming - TG01-1158d
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

I bought this gaming desktop during November 2020, and it has been occasionally  (3-5 times per week) freezes for a few seconds and auto restart while gaming (I play Genshin Impact and League of Legends).

I have noticed these three event ID  (see image below, event ID are 41, 161, and 6008) always come together every time I faced the issue.

freeze.JPG

I suspected it would be due to faulty graphic card (RTX 2060), as when I feedback to the vendor, he said the other customer who bought this exact model of desktop at the same batch with me, have more serious issue, the customer will get auto restart every single time he started a game. What I know is he got HP technician to replace the graphic card and the problem has since be gone.

I have tried hardware diagnostic test from HP and external software, but all got positive result on every part of the hardware. I have updated the BIOS, all drivers, and the problem is still here.

What can I do next? Contact HP to replace the graphic card too?

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Hello
you are no longer under warranty, are you?
If no longer under warranty, it could cost you quite a bit!
what is indicated under volmgr error

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

I am still under warranty, the manufacturing warranty end date shown is Oct 06, 2021 (1year). Supposedly my warranty should be 3 years as told by the vendor. Anyway, the volmgr images are attached:

1.JPG2.JPG

HP Recommended

do the tests just in case,
it seems that you have a problem with the hard drive.
This will serve, and give information to the after sales service.
do the tests:

HP PCs - Testing for Hardware Failures | HP® Customer Support
So don't waste time, if guaranteed contact support :

Contact HP

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------

please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

As I mentioned I have done the test... And actually both fast and extensive test have been done, yet the results are all positive. Guess I will contact for technician to come.

3.JPG4.JPG

HP Recommended

My mistake
I had read that correctly the first time, but I was focused on what you indicated for the graphics card, I think
Unfortunately, there is not much that is shown in the image you are showing, and the mention volmgr Harddisk, refers to the hard drive.
But it could be a consequence of something else, I don't know what it could be precisely.

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

HP Recommended

Thank you for the replies, I have been waiting for the COVID stuff to settle down before I request for technician to come 😩

HP Recommended

Don't forget to give me news

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

HP Recommended

Sure :ThumbUp:

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.