Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Omen Obelisk 875-1040st
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have tried all the trouble shooting ideas I could find,but nothing seems to work. When I press the power button or the sign out button the display shuts off, but the computer keeps the mouse and headset on, along with the internal lights and fans. Worst of all I cant turn it back on from this state, I have to unplug and plug it back in to get it to turn on. Oddly enough, when starting it back up it seems to turn off just fine for a few minutes after freshly turning it on.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Greetings,

Welcome to the forum.

I am not a HP employee.

You have an unusual symptom. See what happens after disconnecting unnecessary peripheral devices connected to your PC.

It could also be a hardware problem. Or it could be a Windows problem.

I would run a check disk (Link) to verify Windows system files are okay.

I don't know what the "sign out" button means. Do you mean the Windows shut down or restart options in the Windows Start Menu?

Possible hardware problems could be:

1. Power switch

2. Motherboard problem with the front panel power switch header

3. Power supply

Regards

HP Recommended

I had the same problem just a few days ago.

Windows is shutting off, monitor screen is dark and it seems to be off.

but fan is on, graphics is on, and I doubt if the system is really off.

The problem is gone after gpu driver update.

The update is not coming from HP, but when you click the devices->gpu->update driver.

And there are drivers available.

Later the gpu driver is completed operated by nvidia.(Not sure good or bad.)

Work on obelisk 875-1055xt/ 3UQ93AA#ABA
HP Recommended

Interesting. For me the problem seemed to fix itself a few days ago.  I dont remember having anything update either. To shut down the computer via the power button you have to press and hold for about 10 seconds. I made the mistake of just pressing the button at first. So that fixed pressing the button and it not powering off, but as for the shut down problem, I dont know what caused or fixed it. For me at least. Thank you for this solution though.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.