Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Omen 15
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

So i own an Omen 15 and today I woke up and saw that some of my games that i ran on 1440p (2560×1440) were switched to (2560×1600) so i was sort of confused and i tried to switch back to 1440p but the option was no where to be seen. I went to the settings > display settings and looked for 1440p and it wasn't there. 4k and 1080p and the rest are there but just not 2560×1440. Please help. I run several games on 1440p and this is sort of worrying.

display problem.PNG

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi@Tech_masterbro,

Welcome to HP Community!

I understand that the Brand new HP Omen 15 screen stuck on MAX brightness.

Do not worry. I will try to fix the issue.

let's try these steps: 

Adjust the display brightness using the keyboard function keys

Adjust the screen brightness using keyboard keys. The brightness function (fn) key numbers (f9 or f10) might vary depending on the notebook model. However, the icons on the keys should be similar.

To make the display brighter, hold the fn key and press the f10 key  or this key  repeatedly.

To make the display dimmer, hold the fn key and press the f9 key  or this key  repeatedly.

Brightness adjustments on some notebook models do not require pressing the fn key. Press f2 or f3 to change the setting.

NOTE: If you restart the computer after adjusting the display brightness, the brightness level might return to the default setting based on the power source (battery or AC). This is not an error; the notebook is functioning as designed. Use the function keys to change the brightness back to the desired setting, or change the default settings in the Control Panel.

Adjust the display brightness in Windows

Open the computer power plan settings to change the screen brightness.

1. Search Windows for 'edit power plan', then click Edit power plan in the list of results.
  2. Use the Adjust plan brightness sliders to increase or decrease the screen brightness, then click Save changes.

Figure: Adjust the power plan brightness

Connect the AC adapter while the notebook is turned on

To adjust the brightness of the display using the battery setting, connect the computer to AC power while the notebook is turned on and using the battery. Battery power option plans have brightness settings that can be customized. This might explain why the display is brighter when AC power is used. If the display is brighter when plugged into the AC power, unplug the AC power to check the battery brightness settings.

Check for display driver update in the Device Manager (Windows 10)

Windows Update will automatically load the correct drivers upon upgrade. If the correct drivers were unable to be installed on upgrade, you might need to manually update the graphics driver using Windows Update following these steps:

1. In Windows, search for and open Device Manager.
  2. In the list of devices, expand Display adapters.
  3. Right-click the graphics device and select Update Driver Software.
  4. Click Search automatically for updated driver software.
  5. Follow the on-screen instructions to install the updated driver.
  6. Restart your computer to complete the installation of the updates.

Update drivers through HP Support Assistant 8 or install latest drivers from https://hp.care/2J7bJIO

Use HP Support Assistant to automatically update Drivers and HP software. If your system does not have support assistant installed, either install HPSA or download drivers from https://hp.care/2uf8mHh.

HP recommends using HP Support Assistant on a regularly scheduled basis. Run HP Support Assistant to scan your computer and get the status of any available maintenance tasks and check for important HP driver updates.

NOTE: Make sure you are using HP Support Assistant version 8, or later. Download the current version of HP Support Assistant from the HP Support Assistant (in English) webpage.

1. On the taskbar, click the HP Support Assistant icon.

If there is no icon in the taskbar, search for and open HP Support Assistant in Windows.

2. Click My devices on the top of the HP Support Assistant window, then click Updates in the My PC box.

The Updates window opens.

3. If HP Support Assistant detects updates, the updates display in the Updates available window.

4. To check for recent updates, click Check for updates and messages.

HP Support Assistant connects to the HP servers and performs the following actions:

• Downloads messages and updates
    • Gathers configuration information
    • Analyzes your computer system
    • Prepares an action list

If HP Support Assistant finds updates, they display in the Updates available window.

• To postpone or delete a current update, use the following steps.

a. Next to the message you want to postpone, click Remind me.

b. Select TomorrowOne week, or One month, depending on when you want to be reminded.

• To delete an update, click  next to the update.
    • To install the update now, click the Install now icon () next to the update.
    • To review completed and postponed actions, scroll to the Action log section.

HP provides many free software and driver downloads. Use the steps below to download updates and drivers from HP: Go to the HP Customer Support - Software and Driver Downloads page and download the drivers.

Perform a hard reset (Notebooks)https://hp.care/2FDuuWg.

Update the BIOS (notebook PCs)https://hp.care/2w2R6uD.

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.