Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
hp geforce 1660ti
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Ok so I decided to buy a HP pavilion gaming desktop since it was offering the latest Turing card of 1660ti on its prebuild setup at a very reasonable price. The product is working perfectly fine and I have no complaints regarding that. However, I wanted to push the system further by overclocking the GPU. So I request the Bios update with support in order to unlock the power limit on my graphic card. 

I talked with one of the representative about the bios update and she advised me to purchase HP smart friend service because she said general support doesn't recommend overclocking. I said ok and looked at the plan, and decided to choose the monthly subscription because I was quickly gonna unsubscribe the service after the problem gets resolved. 

Guess What? I called the number of Hp smart friend and asked them the BIOS for my graphic card. He directly said Hp is totally against overclocking of their product so they can't provide me the custom BIOS.!!! ….This is a serious question HP, if you are so much against overclocking then why do yo create gaming systems? Anyways I am returning this product and ending my relation with HP forever regardless.

Now lets talk about smart friend scam service.!!!!

So why did previous service rep. was insisting me so much to get that service?? Well there is  always a catch with HP because now when I tried to cancel my subscription it wouldn't allow me. I haven't even used the service and do you think I am stupid enough to pay for what I didn't use? Why do I have to go through bunch of people of technical support and bla bla bla to cancel the subscription while joining was just a matter of one magic touch?  I just contacted the amazon seller and he said I can still send the product back and get the refund. Go goodbye Hp pavilion gaming desktop, our relationship is over here, Also I will try my best to recommend everyone in my circle not to buy Hp products because they are garbage. And regarding the smart friend subscription, I am just gonna dispute the transaction with my bank since calling Hp rep. is simply not worth my time

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi @prasanna820

Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Please dont try to give me those lame solution like it actually works. If it was that easy i wouldn't be wasting my time here. I am just trying to get my money back here and i wont stop until i get that.  The above screenshot is just the beginning. You really dont know how far i can go about this. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.