Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP Omen GT11-0480nf
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello, I just bought a new gaming desktop and wanted to add an internal hard drive to have more space. But I don't know if by doing this I will lose my warranty. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

hi

HP PCs - Damage Not Covered by the HP Standard Limited Warranty | HP® Customer Support

Generally, you can do whatever you want, as long as you don't damage the computer, or any parts.
Hp also gives advice to keep your computer in good working order / clean!

▶ Réduire la chaleur et le bruit du ventilateur dans les ordinateurs portables et de bureau - YouTub...

HP PCs - How to Clean Your Computer 

But indeed, if by handling the computer, you make a mistake, HP may believe that it is your fault, and will void the warranty.
For any addition / replacement, you must reinstall everything in case of problem if you have to return the computer, so you must keep what can be removed

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Darth1 

Warranty is a grey/gray area very hard to say in concrete. For new generation machines, adding something is a work for Authorized Service Provider parts . You can add yourself. If something went wrong due to this upgrade, I think HP would not honor warranty.

Hope this makes sense.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Thank you for your reply, but I have a last question. Do you think that opening the case to clean the fans from dirt can affect the warranty (it may be a dumb question but honestly I don't know)?

HP Recommended

hi

HP PCs - Damage Not Covered by the HP Standard Limited Warranty | HP® Customer Support

Generally, you can do whatever you want, as long as you don't damage the computer, or any parts.
Hp also gives advice to keep your computer in good working order / clean!

▶ Réduire la chaleur et le bruit du ventilateur dans les ordinateurs portables et de bureau - YouTub...

HP PCs - How to Clean Your Computer 

But indeed, if by handling the computer, you make a mistake, HP may believe that it is your fault, and will void the warranty.
For any addition / replacement, you must reinstall everything in case of problem if you have to return the computer, so you must keep what can be removed

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.