Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP Omen (Tower)
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

So, I have two monitors (One is a LG, the other is a HP) and I can only connect one at a time. My Omen does have one for a display port (the big white chunky connector) and one for just a normal HDMI. I would love to have two screens at once, but I cant seem to have two monitors going at once. Can anyone please help?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@crkm09 wrote:

X6F75AA#ABL

Hi,

That is the information we need.  It is an OMEN by HP Desktop PC - 870-119 :

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/omen-by-hp-870-100-desktop-pc-series/12079703/document/c0524108...

It has 2 sets of ports at the back. For video we only use

Figure : GeForce 960 ports
  1. DisplayPort: 3
  2. HDMI
  3. DVI-I

and it  Supports up to four displays at the same time.

Now my question: have you tried a different HDMI cable ?

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

@crkm09

What is your HP Omen ? Please check its label at the back.

@crkm09 wrote:

.... My Omen does have one for a display port (the big white chunky connector) and one for just a normal HDMI.

The Display port should be smaller or same size with the HDMI port, I believe that port is a DVI port. Again I need to know what is your machine.

Regards.

BH
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

My machine is the HP Omen, not the big box, just the tower. Right now I have my LG plugged into it as my main display. But my HP monitor that I have wont work at all, and is plugged in via HDMI. There is no label on the back saying what type of PC it is. All I have is a model number.

HP Recommended

Hi,

Since I don't know the product/model of your computer, sorry I can't help. Please try to get model/product from HP Support Assistant

(a) Double click HP Support Assisstant.

(b) It will give a screen with the following information.

prd_num.png

(c) We only need to know the product number. Please do not post any other numbers

Regards.

BH

HP Recommended

X6F75AA#ABL

HP Recommended

@crkm09 wrote:

X6F75AA#ABL

Hi,

That is the information we need.  It is an OMEN by HP Desktop PC - 870-119 :

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/omen-by-hp-870-100-desktop-pc-series/12079703/document/c0524108...

It has 2 sets of ports at the back. For video we only use

Figure : GeForce 960 ports
  1. DisplayPort: 3
  2. HDMI
  3. DVI-I

and it  Supports up to four displays at the same time.

Now my question: have you tried a different HDMI cable ?

Regards.

BH

HP Recommended

It worked! Thank you so much!

HP Recommended

@crkm09 wrote:

It worked! Thank you so much!

Good afternoon.

You are welcome. It is much easier to know what is the machine

Have a good weekend.

Regards.

BH

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.