Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
OMEN by HP Obelisk Desktop 875-1xxx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hey there i have recently bought a second monitor so i could use it. i quickly found out that i only had 1 HDMI port on my pc i did the very first thing what came to my mind and buy a HDMI splitter. After my Splitter arrived i quickly plugged in into my pc and into my two monitors. I went to my setting and was surprised when it couldn't find a second screen.

i quickly went online if i could find any information about this and why it didn't work. i found a earlier post which i didn't understand completely because i don't exactly know much of pc's. The only thing i think i got from the post is that this computer is unable to use 2 HDMI ports for dual screen.

is there any way i would be able to set it up in a way i am enable to do so.

Thanks in advance, Glenn

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Glenn2002 

What is your Desktop 875-1xxx  ? For example OMEN by HP Obelisk Desktop PC - 875-1008na

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/omen-by-hp-875-1000-obelisk-desktop-pc-series/25644598/model/31...

The above machine has Rear I/O connectors: (3) DisplayPort + HDMI + Virtual Link (USB Type C). That means you can use one HDMI for the first monitor and one DP to HDMI for the second monitor.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Glenn2002 

What is your Desktop 875-1xxx  ? For example OMEN by HP Obelisk Desktop PC - 875-1008na

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/omen-by-hp-875-1000-obelisk-desktop-pc-series/25644598/model/31...

The above machine has Rear I/O connectors: (3) DisplayPort + HDMI + Virtual Link (USB Type C). That means you can use one HDMI for the first monitor and one DP to HDMI for the second monitor.

Regards.

BH
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Yes thats the desktop. Thanks for the help will the DP to HDMI effect how fast and good the screen works?

HP Recommended

@Glenn2002 

DP and HDMI use same digital signals, this is a direct connection, no conversion. Normally DP is more freedom than HDMI since from version 1.2 it supports daisy chain monitors. A normal DP-HDMI cable should do the job. Please note: pick a cable with HDMI ver 2.0 or above.

Regards.

BH

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.