Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP E231

Hi, 

I have several HP E231 and they all work when I hook them up to my PC with a display port. I have purchased a display port to HDMI adapter and also a display port to HDMI wire for my ps4. 

When linking my ps4 it does not show with anything and shows as no signal on the monitor. I've tried the same with a couple of E231 monitors and I am having the same issue. 

I've tried playing with ps4 play via my computer however seem to get a lot more lagging 

Please can someone help? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Uwais1101 , welcome to the forum.

I believe that your problem is caused by the fact that you can't connect your PS4 (HDMI) to the monitor (DisplayPort).  They are not compatible.  I suggest that you use a HDMI to DVI adapter to see if that works.  This means that you will have to run an audio cable, as well.  DVI doesn't transfer audio.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@Uwais1101 , welcome to the forum.

I believe that your problem is caused by the fact that you can't connect your PS4 (HDMI) to the monitor (DisplayPort).  They are not compatible.  I suggest that you use a HDMI to DVI adapter to see if that works.  This means that you will have to run an audio cable, as well.  DVI doesn't transfer audio.

HP Recommended

Hi I'm having the same problem with mine. Tried connecting my ps4 using hdmi to vga cable and dvi. Both of them didn't work. If there's any solution for this I would really appreciate it. Thanks

HP Recommended

Hi guys using the DVI adapter that I got from Amazon worked. 

All you need to do is plug headphones into the controller 

HP Recommended

@Uwais1101, thank you for the update.  I am glad the it worked for you.

HP Recommended

@Michael433 , welcome to the forum.

I would appreciate it if you would start your own thread in Forums.  Be certain to put your model or product number and OS in the correct place.  I will watch for your thread and try to help you.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.