21 15 1 1
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Solved!

EXTERNAL HARD DRIVES

HP Recommended
OMEN OBELISK 875-1xxxx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I was thinking of buying a WD BLACK P10 Gaming 4TB external drive would it be compatible with my 1TB hard drive with Intel Optane memory ? running out of space already asked about the WD internal BLACK HD would a external work better ? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
old_geekster
Level 16
Level 16
25,187 24,655 2,906 10,818
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Luka81 , welcome to the forum.

This is strictly my opinion!  I have been using two USB external HDD's for years; one USB 2.0 (WD - 512GB) and one USB 3.0 (Maxtor-2TB).  I have never had any problems with either of them.  When I first began using them I had smaller cases (HP mid-size) and felt not having any more components inside of the case to block airflow was the best option.  Also, I use USB thumb drives to backup very crucial financial data.

If you have space to accommodate the external HDD on your desk, I say go with it!

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!

View solution in original post

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
1 REPLY 1
old_geekster
Level 16
Level 16
25,187 24,655 2,906 10,818
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Luka81 , welcome to the forum.

This is strictly my opinion!  I have been using two USB external HDD's for years; one USB 2.0 (WD - 512GB) and one USB 3.0 (Maxtor-2TB).  I have never had any problems with either of them.  When I first began using them I had smaller cases (HP mid-size) and felt not having any more components inside of the case to block airflow was the best option.  Also, I use USB thumb drives to backup very crucial financial data.

If you have space to accommodate the external HDD on your desk, I say go with it!

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!

View solution in original post

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation