3 2 0 1
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Enable intel HD 630 on OMEN Desktop 880-126na

OMEN Desktop 880-126na
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

Hi,

we have purchased some OMEN Desktop 880-126na in order to work with deep learning. The idea is to use the intel card by default and dedicate the nvidia only for deep learning processes. The problem is that we cannot enable the integrated card, it seems that the bios is not detecting prorperly the integrated card. So we cannot change the configuration uder "PCI Ghaphics configuration" to set the intel as default graphic card. 

We have many OMEN working with this configuration but there is no way with the new ones. 

Thanks in advance. 

2 REPLIES 2
Level 15
Level 15
21,862 21,488 2,479 8,243
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@frivas, welcome to the forum.

Here is the Product Specifications page for the computer.  If you look at the section titled "Video graphics/Integrated graphics you will see the following Note: Integrated video is not available if a graphics card is installed.  This is why you can't get the Integrated graphics to work.

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

-----------------------------------------
Signature:

HP TouchPad - 1.2 GHz; 1 GB memory; 32 GB storage; WebOS/CyanogenMod 11(Kit Kat)

Custom build: Corsair 750D Airflow (Full Tower); MSI MEG z390 ACE; i9-9900K processor (OC'd 5.025); Corsair H150i cooler; 32 GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 3200 memory; MSI RTX 2080 Gaming X Trio video card; Samsung 970 Pro 512 GB; Samsung 860 EVO 1 TB

HP Spectre 360 Convertible; i7-7560U; 16 GB memory; Intel® Iris™ Plus Graphics 640; 512 GB PCIe® NVMe™ M.2 SSD; 13.3" diagonal 4K UHD UWVA eDP BrightView WLED-backlit multitouch-enabled edge-to-edge glass (3840 x 2160); Windows 10 Pro 64 with Windows Ink

HP Photosmart 7520 AIO

++++++++++++++++++
**Click the Thumbs Up+ to say 'Thanks' and the 'Accept as Solution' if I have solved your problem.**

Intelligence is God given; Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!

3 2 0 1
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

thanks for the reply,

As I said we are using many other OMEN desktop with similar specifications. I assume that the message under the intel graphic card is just to tell the user to use the nvidia card as if you want to use the intel one you have to make some configuration in your BIOS.

For example, we have many OMEN 880-070-na (https://support.hp.com/gb-en/document/c05575483). If yo ucheck the product specificacionts you have the same message (Integrated video is not available if a graphics card is installed) but we can enable it using the bios menu and set the intel as primary and dedicate the nvidia one to deep learning process. 

I don't know why this feature is not working with this new model, but we need it. That is why we are using OMEN desktop in our organization.

regards,

Francisco Rivas. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation