Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

@frivas Were you able to fix this issue? I have the same problem with my new HP Omen 15-dc0051nr laptop (Model number 3UK57UA). I want to use the integrated graphics for display and the gtx 1060 for doing deep learning, but I am unable to find the integrated graphics device. I can't find a way to enable it in the BIOS either? Is it possible to install a different version of the BIOS that enables this?

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hello @wjwagner 

You are comparing a desktop to a laptop. They work differently.

Your models series will utilitize Optimus technology (switchable graphics), but only on models with a GTX 1050 GPU.

Yours came with a GTX 1060 and only runs on the dedicated GPU. There is no bios update to change that.

HP Recommended

No, 

we still have the issue, we had to move to another manufacturer as we did not have support on this. 

With our new manufacturer everything works like a charm. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.