Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Omen Obelisk 875-0084
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

The documentation says I have a 2 X 3.5 HDD expansion bay.  Does that mean I can only put an HDD internal drive? Or can I put an SSD in there like 

https://www.crucial.com/usa/en/omen-obelisk-875-0084/CT16174291 

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

You're very welcome.

Yes, a SATA SSD will use the same power and data connections used by a SATA HDD.

Regards

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Greetings,

Welcome back to the forum.

I am not a HP employee.

I have never worked on this chassis but I would think HP provides 2.5 inch mounting points or you may have to purchase a 3.5 inch to 2.5 inch adapter to install the drive.

Regards

HP Recommended

Thank you....but what I was wondering is if you could even do it. Meaning are the connectors that are used for HDD drives the same as SSD drives? 

HP Recommended

Hi,

You're very welcome.

Yes, a SATA SSD will use the same power and data connections used by a SATA HDD.

Regards

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.